Lead Cloud Engineer (AWS)
As our Lead Cloud Engineer (AWS), you will bring your exceptional cloud engineering and security expertise to our ambitious, tight-knit team to drive security, reliability and maintainability of our cloud infrastructure, while ensuring we meet our compliance and performance obligations. If you find deep satisfaction in exactness and thrive when your team can rely on your skilled contributions, this is a great role for you!
- Manage development and production infrastructure, using AWS CloudFormation wherever possible
- Collaborate with other teams to architect for scaling and reliability targets
- Design, implement and manage cloud-related security controls that support our cybersecurity programs (SOC 2, NIST-800-53, etc.)
- Build and operate tools for monitoring health, performance and security
- Perform compliance testing of cloud infrastructure in accordance with our security and operational controls, and document in our GRC software
- 5+ years of operations or development experience in a production SaaS environment
- 2+ years of experience with AWS that includes CloudFormation, RDS, and ECS/EKS/Fargate
- Previous experience with Docker and container orchestration
- Strong understanding of security operations
- Linux system administration experience
- Familiarity with managing SQL databases and basic SQL queries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics, or equivalent
- Experience participating in annual and ongoing SOC 2 Type 1 and 2 3rd party audits
- Familiarity with OWASP, NIST SP800-53, and SOC 2
- Experience ith GitLab CI
Our backend tech stack:
- Python 3 (aiohttp, asyncpg, pytest)
- AWS (CloudFormation, ECS, RDS, S3, CloudFront, EC2, and many others)
About SAVVI Financial
We are MIT-trained, Ph.D. mathematicians, engineers and data scientists, specializing in quantitative finance, applied analytics, and robust optimization. For over 20 years, our core team has applied our skills to solve real-world problems in the areas of finance, healthcare, and transportation systems. At SAVVI, we focus our academic expertise, portfolio management experience, and major advancements in algorithmic models and computational processing to solve the complex challenge of personal financial decision-making.
We’re on a mission to democratize financial advice, and we need your help to scale and grow our product.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time. The position requires a background check and a drug test.
Interested? Please contact us at: email@example.com