Senior Frontend Engineer (TypeScript + React Native/Web)
As a Senior Front-End Engineer (TypeScript + React Native/Web), you will bring your exceptional front-end application engineering to our ambitious, tight-knit team to drive front-end application development. If you find deep satisfaction in building elegant yet robustly engineered applications, this is a great role for you! Help build the next-generation digital financial advice platform that empowers people to make complex financial choices with clarity, confidence and control.
- Developing new user-facing web application features in TypeScript using React.js, Expo, React Native, and React Native Web
- Translating designs, wireframes and written descriptions into high quality code
- Delivering components that work across a wide array of web-capable devices and browsers, including iOS, Android, Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
- Translating design outputs into organized development tasks with rough estimates
- Performing both automated (with Cypress) and manual quality assurance testing
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Develop with accessibility (WCAG 2.1 AA) in mind
- Refactoring and improving existing code
- 2+ years experience developing single page applications with React.js and exposure to React Native
- Advanced understanding of the core principles of ReactJS including hooks and component lifecycle
- Deep understanding of state management in React, including reducers and context
- Skilled with HTML5, CSS3 and flexbox and understanding of cross-browser differences
- Knowledgeable in developing responsive web applications
- Experience developing front-end applications with RESTful API backends
- Knowledge of typical authorization mechanisms including tokens and cookies
- Able to work with and perform advanced configuration of common front-end development tools Babel, Webpack, NPM, Create React App, Expo, etc.
- An eye for detail and a knack for solving problems and debugging
- Comfortable working in a merge/pull-request flow with Git and GitHub or GitLab
- Attentive to code formatting, line-endings and other details through consistent application of prettier automatic code formatter
- Experience with the Jest and end-to-testing frameworks like Playwright, Cypress or similar
- Excellent communication skills including thoughtful English naming of files, components and variables
- Self-motivated and eager to be productive, always asking for more when assigned tasks are completed
- Able to break-up work into small steps that completed nearly every day and submitted for review and merging
- Able to work independently and creatively
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of front-end development experience
- 2+ years of experience with React
- 1+ years of experience with TypeScript and React Native
About SAVVI Financial
We are MIT-trained, Ph.D. mathematicians, engineers and data scientists, specializing in quantitative finance, applied analytics, and robust optimization. For over 20 years, our core team has applied our skills to solve real-world problems in the areas of finance, healthcare, and transportation systems. At SAVVI, we focus our academic expertise, portfolio management experience, and major advancements in algorithmic models and computational processing to solve the complex challenge of personal financial decision-making.
We’re on a mission to democratize financial advice, and we need your help to scale and grow our product.
Interested? Please contact us at: email@example.com